[mythtv-users]

joe at banafato.com joe at banafato.com
Mon May 19 13:59:21 EDT 2003

I have the same problem with a board that has VIA onboard audio.  There is
a very noticable quality difference between that and an SB Live! as far as
playback is concerned, but I haven't tried recording.  My feeling is that
the onboard audio is just bad.  So my questions are:

1) Is anybody having good luck with onboard audio?  If so, which chipset?
I'd like one with 5.1 support.

2) If not onboard, what pci cards are working well?

Right now it's not an issue, but later when I want to minimize this box I'd
like something with onboard audio.

Thanks...

-Joe