[mythtv-users] setting capture settings for pvr-250

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sun May 18 21:30:32 EDT 2003

ivtv mentions it drive for the pvr-250 now supports 4 or 5 resolutions
has this made it into mythtv cvs?  I have cvs as of Friday night for
both ivtv and mythtv.

I reason I ask is I now have mythtv running on a Athlon XP 2500 and
when I change the capture settings the entire system locks up.  Has
anyone seen this and found a solution.

I have mythbackend starting at boot up and the system immediately locks
if a recording is scheduled at the same time.  Rather inconvenient and
aggravating.

I have tried 720x480 at 75% and 640x480 at 60% both lock up the system
completely.  The only config that presently works is 480x480 at 100%.
mythtv reports is using 480x480 at 16000 Kb/ video and 48000 Hz audio
at 384Kb/s.  Nice picture on the monitor but I would rather have a
slightly smaller file.  Currently about 3.3 GB/hour!  This means I can
only get 33 hours on my 120 GB drive.  A little on the low side.

The lock up puzzles me because mythfrontend and mythbackend are only
using 16 % combined on the XP 2500.

Suggestions please.

TIA