[mythtv-users] Help with Video 4 Linux 2

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sat May 17 14:11:37 EDT 2003

I can't get the v4l2 patch to work after I apply kernel patch
2.4.21-rc2  and if I apply it before 2.4.21that patch won't install.
It errors with "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume
-R [n]"
I tried answering yes and part of the patch does install and some
installs if I say no.  This seems like I'd be asking for trouble to use
this setup.

I have an nForce2 motherboard and I think I need the IDE driver in the
2.4.21-rc2 patch.

The real issue is I'm missing tuner.o and videodev.o.  I guess these
are created with the bttv driver when you compile the kernel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really want to get this setup this weekend.  Everything else is
compiled and I just need the drivers for the pvr-250 card to complete
the setup process.

TIA