[mythtv-users] EPG Scrolling slow

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 16 02:34:10 EDT 2003

At 12:22 AM 5/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> > The first thing I have noticed is that the EPG seems to scrool really
> > slowly.  It takes quite a while when you scroll down for the highlight to
> > move... almost a second or so I'd say.  Is this normal?  Is it configurable
> > somewhere?  Is it my video settings?
> >
> > My system is a Duron 1.1Ghz and my capture card is a dedicated PVR 250 so
> > the machine isnt loaded at all...
>
>Might want to try a different color blending method -- go into
>TV->Setup->Program Guide, and play around with the 'Guide Shading Method'
>setting.  The default (Colorized alpha) is pretty slow if you don't have a
>video card that does accellerated RENDER stuff.  Won't look as nice, but if
>you're displaying on a TV, you shouldn't notice a difference.

Hi Issac, thanks I'll try that.  I have a Geforce2 MX card with 64MB on it
but I haven't done a damn thing to optimize my settings for X, just
installed the latest NVidia driver.  Any tips on where to optimize things?

-Jeff

PS - Blown away by the maturity of the Myth project so far - excellent work.