[mythtv-users] Tips on Optimizing Video from Myth on GeForce2 MX

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 16 01:24:39 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I am new to the Myth project and wanted to get some tips on optimizing my
video for mpeg playback.

The system is a 1.3Ghz Duron with 256MB of RAM and a PVR250 card.  The
video card is an MSI GeForce2 MX.  I have installed the latest NVidia
driver, but haven't touched anything in my X config, except to specific
"nvidia" and remove the lines they recommend.  Is there a graphical
interface to the settings within Gnome on RH9?

I am going to get TV out going tomorrow but I find that watching video on
the desktop sometimes results in some jerkiness and some audio skipping,
although the recording seems to be clean.  Also my desktop refresh doesnt
seem nearly fast enough given the horsepower of the GeForce2.

I was also wondering how to run totally borderless on my windows for when I
am doing my TV output.

Any and all assistance appreciated.

-Jeff