[mythtv-users] two and one

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed May 14 17:17:32 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 02:45  PM, Adam Lydick wrote:
> That reminds me. Are you using any sort of overscan? It doesn't seem to
> quite fill my entire screen, and the right side is a bit "wavy"
> looking.

No, I have no overscan. There is a small black border around the image.
However, I do not have any waviness. You might try a different mode,
either a different refresh rate or the other of 800x600 and 640x480.
I'm using 640x480 at 60hz. The card claims to support all of:
     [112] 640 x 480, 60Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz
     [115] 800 x 600, 60Hz, 75Hz, 85Hz

It doesn't really bother me that much really. I emailed the author of
the XF86 driver  (http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html) about
overscan he said (paraphrased) "yes I plan to add it someday but have
no time to do so now." He has a paypal link for donations on his site,
so maybe if someone donated some money earmarked for development of
that, it might happen faster.

I also emailed VIA, but got no response from them.

James