[mythtv-users] Installation database problems

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed May 14 20:34:15 EDT 2003


Ray Olszewski wrote:

> For example, Ben's explanation below omits any indication of whether 
> to execute those commands as root, as mythtv, or as someone else.

As root, although any user having administration access within MySQL 
should work.

> I apologize for simply asking someone else to do some work. Plain 
> truth is, I don't understand mysql well enough to do this for the 
> docs. But I think it is badly needed. MythTV users shouldn't have to 
> become mysql experts (or do people disagree with that view?) just to 
> record TV.

I agree. I had to look up the MySQL docs as well, and I don't understand 
MySQL well enough to describe the steps in a 'systematic way'. In fact, 
for example, I can't get access to MySQL from my notebook (different 
subnet, but it should have access) and I don't know why.

Ben



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list