[mythtv-users] feature request

Pete Hartman mythtv at elmegil.net
Tue May 13 21:27:00 EDT 2003

At 12:28 PM 5/13/03 -0400, Isaac wrote:
>And finally, I really don't take too kindly to people telling me what my
>software should or should not do or what I should or should not be working on
>in my free time.  You'll notice there was no mention of anyone submitting a
>patch.

It kind of disturbs me to see you taking a feature request as "people
telling you what your software should do".  It seems to me that if you
don't want feedback or requests, you'd have been better off keeping your
project for yourself.

I mean no disrespect; by all means, I wouldn't want to be in the position
to coordinate such an ambitious project.  But I would be very surprised if
you hadn't looked around at other projects to see what to expect before
embarking on this path, so the anger which you are venting on Chris seems a
bit out of proportion when his request seems quite in line with normal
activity on an open source project.  Yes he's been persistent to explain
WHY he thinks it ought to be done, but that's because he's been dismissed
out of hand each time he brought it up--he still wasn't being particularly
rude that I could tell.