[mythtv-users] How can one get infared send and recieve at the same time

Michael Hill mikehillny at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 10:32:52 EDT 2003

I have been trying so many things to get my myth box to both send and recieve
infared at the same time, with no avail.

At first I tried the Actisys200L, which would only recieve for me as the lirc
driver is hard-coded to 38khz for sending it wont send to my SA3100 cable box
[runs at 57.6khz].
After this, I built the homebrew serial transmitter on the lirc page
http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html and got this working for sending
channel changes to my cable box.  Whew, great, but ...

I have not yet been able to figure out how to now recieve signals with either
the actisys [lirc_sir] -or- the built-in reciever on my LeadTek card
[lirc_gpio] -at the same time- as having lirc loaded for my transmitter
[lirc_serial].  My latest attempt was to build the homebrew reciever and try to
run them both on the same serial port.

If anyone has a good answer, can you please reply with detailed specifics on
how to get this working.  I have read other posts where people say, in general,
it is possible to run lirc twice, but I have not been able to get this to work.

Thank for any help you guys might be able to give, Mike