[mythtv-users] Tuning tip for dutch users and PVR250

Rob ter Veer r.terveer at chello.nl
Tue May 13 13:18:44 EDT 2003

For users in holland, I've figured out how to tune the PVR250 with
test_ioctl and Teletext. Here in the Netherlands, cable providers
provide us with a frequency table where one can find how to tune your TV
set channels to frequencies. This table can be found on the teletext
pages of the provider.
In almost every city this table is different, so we have to tune our TV
sets whenever we move to a different city (or sometimes even a different
street!).

This is a short example of such a frequency page (example from Almere
Buiten):

Zender:			Kanaal	MHZ Freq
Nederland 1			11-		216.00
Nederland 2			6+		184.00
Nederland 3			7+		192.00

Etc.

I've figured out that when you multiply the last number (MHZ Freq) by
16, you get the right frequency to use with the test_ioctl command. For
example nederland 1:

# bc
216 * 16 = 3456
# test_ioctl -r tuner=0,freq=3456

Will get you tuned to channel nederland 1.