[mythtv-users] All in Wonder Remote and Mute

Kyle Bowerman kyle at bowerman.org
Mon May 12 21:43:36 EDT 2003

I have abandoned the use of my ALL-IN-WONDER ATI 7500 for the PixelView PlayTV pro but the All in wonder Remote is a far better remote.  Since it is USB I had no problems getting it to work with the basic usb drivers and the ati_remote from gatos.

I mapped the keys by editing the ati_remote.c file and changing  the last value to the value that corresponds with the myth keys using the /usr/include/linux/input.h.

You can either put the key name [i.e KEY_LEFT] or the integer value [ i.e. 105]

My problem is that the mute function is the only shift function [i.e. |  or shift / ] .  The input.h file only has the primary keys (lower case) not the shift keys.  There must be a simple way to call the shift keys but I can't figure it out.  I have tried every combination of the shift key and the \ key but they either wont compile or it does not work.

If anyone has a suggestions I would appreciate it.

I am also looking for a way to map the special keys like the "TV" key to an application like mythfrontend.  I am sure someone has written a listener program but I can't find one.

Thanks

Kyle Bowerman