[mythtv-users] Re:PVR-250/350 and MiniITX?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Sun May 11 20:30:24 EDT 2003

> The TV out on my Epia 800 is crappy.

How specifically (for those of use that don't have an 800 :-)?

> Any black (or any color) bars?

You mean boarders around the picture?  If you are using the BIOS to mirror
the CRT out, then yes it's underscanned and has black boarders.

> Does it fill the NTSC screen?

Not by default, but you can set it (in X) for overscan.  And then you have
to tweak MythTV to compensate, which is pretty easy.

> Was it a pain to setup under XFree?

Nope, just followed the instructions.  I told Mandrake Installer I had an S3
generic, changed the driver in XF86Config to "via", pretty straight forward.

I'm happy with the TV out.  It looks fine for TV.  It sucks for Xterms,
and I still have to get the MythTV fonts more legible.  I thought it
looked better than the Geforce 2 I tried.

Larry