[mythtv-users] well, I got it (mostly) working...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 10 19:11:08 EDT 2003

> Also, any help with that compile error in mythmusic/etc would be
> appreciated...

nevermind.  I must have missed that section in the README file..   Now I
just have some normal compile-type errors like not being able to find
libraries and include files that are already there (probably related to
using the mythtv rpm, among other things)

now (on just about every myth-related thing I try to compile), I get:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmyth-0.8

the file is THERE:

/usr/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0
/usr/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0.8
/usr/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0.8.0

dunno.   anyone else run into this problem before?

mythmusic is having trouble finding some .h files that are also where
they're supposed to be:

cdda_interface.h: No such file or directory
(among others)

the files are in /usr/include/cdda/ and the includes work fine when I
add "cdda/" to the #include statement.  But I'd rather not do that to
every single occurrence of the files, since I'm guessing I'm just
missing something in the makefile (I'm a perl/php coder, and unfamiliar
with *nix compilers)...  any help?

-Chris