[mythtv-users] well, I got it (mostly) working...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat May 10 03:14:55 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>Check out keys.txt
>

> ok, now that I can change these settings, is there any way to revert
> them to default?  I've messed them up considerably (because it takes
> awhile for things to catch up, I overshoot, etc).  I can't find anything
> in the db that looks like contrast.  and nothing in my ~/.mythtv/
> directory...

If you want to get your color back to 50% for all channels,
you could do this:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> update channel set colour=32768;

What I found recently is that, for each of the cards I
tried, white is out of proportion compared to medium tones.
I had thought this might be a gamma problem but lowering
the contrast on the capture card made the images much more
life-like:

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> update channel set contrast=28000;

Hope this helps,

--  bjm