[mythtv-users] HDTV

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri May 9 17:12:13 EDT 2003

There are a few posibilities, some you found below.  But certainly
nothing in the average consumers budget anywhere close to functional.
What's really needed is for one of the current HD tuner card makers
to release specs to allow others to write  a good driver.  However
I think the biggest problem is these makers don't even own the rights
to their chipsets, so even if they wanted to release these specs,
they can't.  Take the Hauppauge HDTV card, if they could release
the specs so a good driver could be written, I bet they would have
sales they never would believe (just look how the PVR250 is
catching on with a RE driver).  But from what I've heard,
there was a NDA required to get rights to the chipset.

When will companies wake up??

Brian