[mythtv-users] Tivo debuts slimmed-down TV service

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Fri May 9 00:41:10 EDT 2003

Joseph Caputo wrote:

>I'd be interested to see the hardware specs... wonder if it might make a
>decent Myth box?  Of course, based on the current generation of Tivo
>hardware, I'd say probably not.

The idea of putting Linux on a Tivo is pretty new to me..  Is this
actually possible??  I mean, it would make much more sense to me buying
hardware that's made for TV recording rather than spending almost twice
as much building a full-on computer...  Would this really be possible? I
would think there would be some serious hardware driver issues...