[mythtv-users] better tv-out cards

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu May 8 13:11:55 EDT 2003


At 12:56 PM 5/8/2003 -0600, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
[...]
>The TVOut had to use the closed section of the driver.  The open-source
>drivers could co-exist with that section.  There was a tool that would turn
>on mirroring of the first screen onto the TV.  IIRC, you needed to have all
>the options turned on under the framebuffer section.  I don't remember.
>Good luck.  I will try to hunt down my card and see if I can get it going
>again, but it might take a while.

Thanks for the clarification. Matrox (unfortunately) is very specific and 
clear on its site in saying that the closed-source driver supports TV out 
*only* on the older G400, *not* the more current G450 or G550. Too bad. 
Apparently there is no solution for making these newer (and much cheaper, 
from what I could find online today) Matrox cards work with both TV out and 
xVideo.





More information about the mythtv-users mailing list