[mythtv-users] Can I use MythTV for this?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu May 8 14:00:52 EDT 2003

Yes; once you setup your scheduled recordings, you can shut down the front
end and just leave mythbackend running as a daemon.  You actually don't even
need the GUI (mythfrontend), as you can do your scheduling & recording
management via a web browser using the mythweb package (though you still
need mythfrontend to setup your global recording parameters like codec,
capture size, bitrate, etc; but that only has to be done once).

-Joe C.