[mythtv-users] Audio issues

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu May 8 10:44:52 EDT 2003

At 12:33 PM 5/8/2003 -0400, Mike Drons wrote:

>I am having issues with my audio when watching live tv.  I have an echo on
>the audio.  I hear the audio and then in about a 1 second delay I hear the
>audio again.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Just the vague one that you left unmuted some ALSA device that needs to be
muted. (On my system, with different specific symptom, it was the
IEC_whatever device that needed muting.)

Apropos of this, would it be worth adding to the HowTo or FAQ a description
of what each of the various ALSA devices is and which ones need to be muted
and unmuted for the Myth* apps to work properly? (Or if it is already
there, putting it someplace easier to find?) Although my settings *seem* to
work, I'm still not confident that they really are correct for MythTV ...
I'm not even certain as to how stable the alsamixer device entries are from
one sound card/module to another, since I've only tried one card.