[mythtv-users] better tv-out cards

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu May 8 09:48:40 EDT 2003

At 09:23 AM 5/8/2003 -0600, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
[...]
>For 3D, you are correct, NVidia is the only game in town.  For 2D, you are
>full of ****.  As far as clean output goes, you cannot beat Matrox.  They
>have been known for this for years, and their newest hardware doesn't change
>that.  Their TV out works just fine with overscan etc.  They are much more
>willing than NVIDIA or ATI to release their specs, and have been supported
>for much longer and with a more complete function set than anybody else.
>You just don't need 3D for mythtv, and that is all nvidia has going for it.

Do you then know of a procedure for running TV out on a Matrox card and
simultaneously supporting xVideo? The docs at
http://www.bglug.ca/matrox_tvout/g450_tvout_howto.html seem to say that you
cannot get xVideo to run with TV out on the G450 and G550 ... and these are
the only Matrox cards I am aware of that support TV out with X.

If you do know how to do this, could you post either the details or a
reference (URL) to the details?