[mythtv-users] better tv-out cards

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Thu May 8 03:22:32 EDT 2003

i'm getting frustrated with the squished up output i'm getting on this
nvidia card i bought for tv out.  the most frustrating part is if they
would have proper open-source drivers, i'm sure this would be fixed by now.

anyway, i'm thinking of taking this one back and getting something else,
but i'm curious if anyone else has problems/successes with overscanning
the tv out of their cards?  in my particular case, i've got one of the
slightly wider pioneer tvs, so the black bars are _very_ noticeable.

i know i could stretch the picture out a bit with the nvtv project, but
then you lose stuff off the top and quite a bit off the bottom.  and
because i can take it back, i think it makes sense to not financially
support a company that isn't helping me.

i know we've had discussions about output cards before, but i'm curious
about overscanning in specific here, i want to be able to stretch the
picture out wider, but not have to make it taller.

thanks,

    CraigL->Thx();