[mythtv-users] Day Dream MythTV P2P Network

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed May 7 14:23:13 EDT 2003

Completely uninteresting to me. The bandwith requirements are too much
and I don't like the idea of exposing the project to legal risk. I
believe that linux people have a underserved reputation as pirates, and
add on top of that the broad appeal myth could have and I think it is
possible that some big powerful companies would come sniffing around
trying to find something illegal about what we do. I think if we stick
to exercising our fair use right to time-shift content, and stay away
from anything fishy we would be able to withstand such scrutiny. The
last thing we need is to see Isaac hauled to court by the TV industry.

Cedar