[mythtv-users] suggested hardware?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed May 7 09:52:58 EDT 2003

redhat 9 had no trouble detecting the soundcard.  Can't say much about
the quality, since i haven't had time to play any music out of it (and I
only have small speakers plugged into the thing now), but from the sound
of things (no pun intended) it'd be fine for what I want.  (granted, I'm
no audiophile, and if I wanted perfect sound for something, I'd just run
things straight through my TV)

the video card was a little more difficult to get up and running (no
auto-detection in redhat), but the sis driver in XFree 4.3 works fine,
and I'm happy to share my XF86Config with anyone who wants it.

-CHris