[mythtv-users] how long should a daily database update take?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun May 4 19:26:27 EDT 2003

I just got my system running (probably) and it is now doing the initial
load of the database as I write this. This took quite some time ... it
finally finished after 15-20 minutes  ... which made me wonder how long it
*should* take.

I have what may be an unusual situation here, in that my cable company
"shares" one of its channels on a time-of-day basis (a religious channel
during the day, and Hallmark evenings and overnight). This caused a lot of
database errors involving duplicate entries, since the download got
complete schedules for both sources that share this channel. So I was
wondering if this long load time was typical or if it was caused by my
peculiar problem.