[mythtv-users] MythTV Installation Documentation

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Sun May 4 15:59:26 EDT 2003

Mike Smith wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  I don't know if this is a Redhat thing only.
>I've installed MythTV on several systems now.  I've
>found that if I compile/install Lirc and THEN
>recompile the kernel, I can't get it to work.  If
>I recompile the kernel and THEN compile/install
>Lirc,  it works.
>
>  I think recompiling the kernel replaces the Lirc
>drivers.

It doesn't replace the drivers, it just looks for them in a different
place.  For instance, on Red Hat 9, with the latest kernel, modules are
in /lib/modules/2.4.20-9, but when you compile a custom kernel, they end
up in /lib/modules/2.4.20-9custom.  You'll have to rebuild all the
custom drivers you've installed.

Mike