[mythtv-users] MythTV Installation Documentation

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 22:54:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

  I don't know if this is a Redhat thing only.
I've installed MythTV on several systems now.  I've
found that if I compile/install Lirc and THEN
recompile the kernel, I can't get it to work.  If
I recompile the kernel and THEN compile/install
Lirc,  it works.

  I think recompiling the kernel replaces the Lirc
drivers.  I've noticed the same thing with the Alsa
drivers.  Every time I recompile the kernel, I lose
the alsa drivers.  Maybe something I'm doing wrong.
Bought a new book on Redhat this weekend.  I'll figure
out what happens during a kernel rebuild.

     Mike