[mythtv-users] Re: TV-tuner noise interference problem

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sun May 4 09:46:43 EDT 2003

Just a thought ... a couple of months ago, there was some discussion in the
trade press about an Asian supplier who had produced a LOT of out-of-spec
caps that had been used on motherboards. Your comment that "the 4
capacitors at the same location are swollen and cracked @ the top" makes me
wonder if you are a victim of this problem.

If so, you should probably pursue this failure with Abit, since I'd expect
that the mobo manufacturers casre enough about their reputations that they
will scurry to make things right with the victims of this problem (they
were doing a lot of spin control at the time the news broke). I know my
son, who had a mobo with the bad-cap problem, got a quick replacement --
not for free, but for cheap -- from their local office. At the moment, I
cannot recall if his was an Abit or not.