[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Xawtv together

Joseph Caputo caputo at qedinfo.com
Fri May 2 17:57:01 EDT 2003

Hmmm... maybe someone more knows something different, but AFAIK you can't do
that.  However, you could wrap Xawtv in a script that unmuted the MIC, ran
Xawtv, then re-muted the MIC when Xawtv exits.  Keep in mind that using
Xawtv while mythbackend is running could wreak havoc with your scheduled
recordings... if you change channels with Xawtv while mythbackend is doing a
scheduled recording, Myth will now be recording on the wrong channel!  XMMS
should be fine though, just wrap it in a script as above.  But then, why not
just use MythTV - LiveTV and MythMusic??

-Joe C.