[mythtv-users] Two questions on recent CVS mythtv..

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Fri May 2 15:50:57 EDT 2003

Last night I updated my CVS for MythTV (and the addons). After rebuilding and
installing I have a couple of questions about new features:

1) How does one use transcoding? I turned on 1 thread (in setup) and I set the
Transcode recording parameters up like I want. Does this just convert any
program that gets recorded now? Ideally, since I have a somewhat low powered
machine (EPIA M9000), I'd like to record in fairly good quality RTJPEG and let
the transcoding squish it down with MPEG4.

2) I noticed that the new UI stuff is tunable in ui.xml and man that makes a
huge difference! However, my conflict resolution screen doesn't seem to have the
outlines and highlighting that the other pages have. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Do both of these questions belong on the dev list?

...Kevin

p.s. the true measure of utility is how much your non-geek family takes to, in
that case I'd say Myth has pretty much utility!