[mythtv-users] Ideal Setup

Paul Smith paullocal at pscs.co.uk
Fri May 2 18:22:09 EDT 2003

At 10:29 02/05/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>
>Heres another new Windows based Media Box.
>
><http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=personalcinema>http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=personalcinema
>
>Does anybody know anything about it?

Looking at the video it looks like a lot of the other similar things that
are around for Windows (There are lots of them!) where they are plainly a
Windows GUI (small text, mouse needed etc). They have thought a bit more
about it than some others because the remote control includes a mouse
pointer controller....

I'm not convinced how easy this would be to control from across the room on
anything other than a massive screen.

Also, it doesn't say anything about the stuff that's nice about MythTV
(multiple tuners, integrated EPG etc). The EPG that the nVidia solution
uses is TitanTV, in a web browser - I'll leave that up to you to consider
how easy that will be to navigate using a remote control..

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support at pscs.co.uk                      http://www.pscs.co.uk/