[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. freevo?

Tim Neale gc27 at softhome.net
Thu May 1 21:15:57 EDT 2003

Jones, Keith wrote:

> Anyone know of a comparison document to evaluate which of these to
> use? (I know this is the MythTV group, and maybe a little biased, but
> any discussion would help <g>!)

Personally my decision to go with MythTV was purely down to the livetv
stuff - MythTV supports it, freevo doesn't (according to their website -
possibly they support it in latest CVS) although as freevo is written in
python I suspect it's a lot easier to develop for. Also I had more
trouble importing xmltv data into freevo than mythtv but that's probably
my fault :)

Tim