[mythtv-users] HDTV v4l driver and myth

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu May 1 21:12:51 EDT 2003

Michael Hill wrote:

>Assuming that a v4l driver can be written anytime soon,  how hard would it be
>to adapt MythTV for use with these lines of cards ...
>
>http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242774

This doesn't give a lot of technical information. How does tuning work
(driver interface under Linux), where do we get the MPEG stream from
(which device)?

In any case, I hope that Isaac's PVR and my DVB work do most of the
group work required to support this, it should be fairly
straight-forward for what MythTV is concerned, so anybody wanting to
implement it would "only" have to implement the HDTV-specific part.
(Which can still be some work, as I've noticed with DVB.)

Ben