[mythtv-users] Database Requirements for mythtv

Calvin Harrigan calvinharrigan at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 17:55:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:27, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Edit /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt on your frontend machine to point to
> the backend's IP address.

<snip>

The mysql.txt file was set correctly.  I am able to get to the server
database because I can see the shows that are recorded on it.  It's just
that when I shutdown myqsl on the frontend it says:

couldn't open db
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

Found the problem while messing with it for more information, I had to
delete the ~/.mythtv directory, seems like the code is still looking for
this directory.

Thanks anyway.

Calvin