[mythtv-users] patching OS X mplayer

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 29 20:42:35 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:23:20 -0800, mark at zzo.com said:

m> Why not just build the mythfrontend part & use that instead of
m> jumping thru all of these hoops?  If OSX is indeed built on top
m> of FreeBSD it shouldn't be bad.

m> Essentially just don't compile 'NuppelViedoRecorder.cpp' in libmythtv
m> & a couple other changes & yer good - I can send you a patch even.

        Well, there's also the fact that the Mac is a big-endian
machine.  Anyway, I have been working a little bit at building
mythfrontend for OS X and it was easier to get mplayer up and
running.  That doesn't mean it's hopeless, though.  I already have the
frontend running on Linux/PPC.  The problem for OS X right now is
sound but since esound, SDL, and arts have all been ported, it should
be a matter of time.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net