[mythtv-users] cannot open db

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Thu Mar 27 14:57:31 UTC 2003

Looks like you may have had a mythtv database there already?

I think if you insert the file with the -f flag then it ignores errors and
continues to the end? Something like
mysql -u root -pyourpassword < mc.sql

(is there a command line example in the docs?)

If you are still at square one, then I would blow away the current database
and start again.  Install myphpadmin to get a nice web based way of tweaking
your sql databases (requires that you have already got apache installed
though)

Ed W

P.S. Actually re-reading the errors I suspect that you are not logged into
mysql as an admin user before running this script - this may be the real
problem...?