[mythtv-users] full duplex sound card

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 26 19:00:46 UTC 2003

Hmmm, not really sure if the WinTV GO supports btaudio... a quick search
through the mailing list appears to be inconclusive.  Your best bet is to
try it yourself.  In any event, this is the setup you're going for:

(example with btaudio, use device mapping from your system)
	onboard sound: /dev/dsp0
	btaudio:	/dev/dsp1 (digital) & /dev/dsp2 (analog)

	Run setup/setup, set tuner audio source to /dev/dsp1 or /dev/dsp2
	In playback setup (under TV menu in mythfrontend), set sound output to
/dev/dsp0
	Also, set /dev/dsp0 in mythmusic-settings.txt

(example without btaudio, but with 2 sound cards)
	card #1 (gets line-in from tuner card line-out):	/dev/dsp0
	card #2: /dev/dsp1

	Run setup/setup, set tuner audio source to /dev/dsp0
	In playback setup & mythmusic-settings.txt, set sound output to /dev/dsp1

In both cases, leave your onboard sound *enabled* as you will be using it!

-Joe C.