[mythtv-users] Some shows being skipped for recording issue

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.com
Wed Mar 26 22:22:07 UTC 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>I'm not sure how this all works under the bonnet, but I *think* it has to do with modules.conf (or conf.modules) and how you have the various alias entries setup correctly.  I suspect that the re-install of alsa probably rewrote your modules.conf and removed some vital bits of setup that were needed to make btaudio work properly...

Well... under gentoo, the /etc/modules.d/alsa file is automagically
included into modules.conf when you run update-modules. However, it
could be that the reinstall of alsa messed up *that* file. I've checked
it against Gentoo's ALSA howto and can't see anything wrong, but that
doesn't mean there isn't. I'll include the relevant sections from my
/etc/modules.conf, and if you (or anyone else!) can spot something,
please let me know:

The following is all the info in my modules.conf to do with sound:

### modules-update: start processing /etc/modules.d/alsa
# Alsa 0.9.X kernel modules' configuration file.
# $Header:
/home/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/alsa-modules.conf-rc,v
1.1 2002/12/21 06:31:52 agenkin Exp $

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore

##
## IMPORTANT:
## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
## and then run `update-modules' command.
## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
##
##  ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
##  OSS/Free portion
## alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
##

# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
##  OSS/Free portion - card #2
## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
options snd cards_limit=1

### modules-update: end processing /etc/modules.d/alsa