[mythtv-users] Re: how many days for mythfilldatabase?

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 16:45:54 UTC 2003

Ian wrote:

>Kevin J. Slater writes:
>
>> Seems to me that mythfilldatabase is only grabbing 2 days (48 hours) of
>> program guide? Is this so? Is there a way to control this? Feel free to point
>> out my stupidity and tell me it's in section x.y.z! I can't find anything but
>> a section in the mythfilldatabase source code..
>>
>I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but my experience is that after the
>initial mythfilldatabase run, the daily one will download the following
>day's info and then fill in one day two weeks in advance so that the
>database is always populated for the full two weeks.
>
>If this is not what you are seeing, then you will have to give a little more
>info, perhaps sample output.

Ok, that is indeed my question. And I'm not seeing what you suggest. Rather it
seems that mythfilldatabase is getting the following day only. It doesn't
indicate that its having any trouble either. Wasn't there some setting that
controlled how many days of programming it kept? Maybe it was during the build
stage? In any case, any suggestions on where to look for trouble? I was able to
use tv_grab_na to grab 7 days worth of listings (using my
$HOME/.mythtv/DirecTV.xmltv as the config file) into a file. Then I invoked
mythfilldatabase with the input file options and it happily parsed the file into
the myth database.

...Kevin