[mythtv-users] More help needed...

Bob Blakey kerflop at kc.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 00:18:57 UTC 2003

Myth Gurus...

	Thanks for the most recent help with QTDIR and the bash error.  Everything
worked out great...  My newest hurdle is that of my sound card.  With the
basic load of Linux (OSS) my sound card does not work.  So, under the
section 7 of the how-to doc provided for MythTV I decided to use the ALSA
drivers.  I have done everything it said to do up and unto the section it
says to add stuff to the modules.conf.  It says

"Next, you must edit /etc/modules.conf so that the ALSA modules are loaded
automatically.  The first step it to remove your old OSS configuration to
ensure that you don't end up with mysterious conflicts in the future."

My present modules.conf reads:

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 eepro100
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias sound - slot - 0 i810_audio
post - install sound - slot - 0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.
aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -
S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci

I am not sure what to replace...  I would just copy and paste the
configuration out of the how-to doc, but what do I remove so that I do not
get conflicts in the future...  Any help would be great...

Bob