[mythtv-users] Red Hat 8.0 rpms (was: Version 0.8 is now available.)

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Fri Mar 21 20:33:00 UTC 2003

> I prefer rpms because they are easier to remove and
> install new versions in my opinion. Mandrake and
> Redhat rpms have usually been compatible with one
> another. If a Mandrake rpm existed for mythtv I would
> use that, but it doesn't.

I understand, and I don't blame you.  When I try to install software, I
often look for rpms too, particularly if they are supplied or
recommended by the project. However the rpms in this case are neither.
I think that could easily change if the maintainer simply provided some
installation instructions.

> I've tried installing the tar file first, but couldn't
> get it working then I tried rpms.

thats too bad, maybe we can figure it out.

best,

Cedar