[mythtv-users] Re: Leadtek winfast 2000 XP Can I get sound from bttv directly?

Thu Mar 20 10:14:22 UTC 2003

Update: I set the btsound module to load at startup, and after a reboot (could have been done without, but my logging is setup kind of strange...), dmesg shows three messages about not being about to find the sound chip (one for each of the chips it supports), so I guess I am out of luck

I am assuming that the Pinnacle PCTV supports sound ok then?  Does anyone else have any recommendations for a very high quality card with sound over the PCI bus?

I am trying to put together a system which is suitable for integration into a hifi level home theatre (using an M-Audio 410 soundcard, etc).  (I also need to try and work out how to get some debug output on dropped frames, etc in order to tune things...)

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Lenze [mailto:ajlenze at clarkhome.org]
Sent: 20 March 2003 05:10
To: mythtv-users at snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re: Leadtek winfast 2000 XP Can I get sound from
bttv directly?

First a disclaimer:  I have NO experience with the Leadtek card.  Anything I
say, I've discovered by reading either other's posts or various websites.

There was a thread a while ago about this very card, which convinced me not
to buy it.  In that thread, someone who did claim to have used the card said
that the only way he could get sound from the card was to jumper from the
card to his sound card.  He could not get sound through the PCI interface.

I'm currently building a computer system, and at first I planned to use the
Leadtek for my TV tuners.  I changed my decision to the Pinnacle PCTV Pro
because of this very issue.  I decided this not because of any sound quality
issues, but instead because I want my system to use multiple (3) TV tuners,
and I was worried that I wouldn't have enough sound inputs on my sound card
(actually for me, sound is handled on my motherboard), if I needed one for
each tuner.

I know this isn't much information, but I hope it helps.

Drew