[mythtv-users] fvwm2 as a Window Manager

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Mar 18 20:51:29 UTC 2003

Yes, I have this issue, too.  I had to go into the setup to jack up all
the font sizes, edit theme.xml file to increase the font size of
buttons, and re-compile mythweather with hacked larger fonts.   Quite
annoying.

But when I start up myth using KDE, the fonts are fine.  With FVWM2,
they're about half-size.

usenet at wingert.org wrote:
> I saw (based on the contrib) that some people are using fvmw2 as a
> Window Manager for their MythBoxes.  I was wondering if anyone had come
> across a font size problem.
>
> It seems that when I used stock fvwm2 the fonts are smaller in the various
> myth displays.  However, when I start gnome-settings-daemon (even under
> fvwm2) I get larger fonts under MythTV.
>
> I am sure this is some side effect of something.  Do you have to do
> something under fvwm2 to get it to display the same size fonts as gnome?
>
> Thanks

Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer
Digital Sandbox, Inc.  |  http://www.dsbox.com/