[mythtv-users] B&W Picture and Channels off....

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Tue Mar 18 13:42:12 UTC 2003

Mike-

Here's the appropriate line from my /etc/modules.conf:

options bttv radio=0 card=64 tuner=2 gbuffers=4

This was generated by Mandrake 9.0's setup program (as in installation of
the OS), although I did go in during setup, and make sure it had the right
tuner and capture chip type, etc.  Yes, I'm using an ATI TV-Wonder VE, and
the only problems I'm having are vertical lines of fuzz on the higher
channels (> 60), which I'm thinking might be caused by a bad coax, but I
haven't had time to run it down.

Hope that helps.

-Jeff

                    mike wood
                    <mike at woodsnest.com>         To:     Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at snowman.net>
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    mythtv-users-bounces at s       Subject:     [mythtv-users] B&W Picture and Channels off....
                    nowman.net

                    03/17/2003 10:54 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Discussion about
                    mythtv

I'm all set up with myth but when I go to watch tv, the picture is black
and white, and the channels are off by one....channel 30 is displayed,
but channel 29 is what's actually being shown.
I went back and ran xawtv, and got the same thing.
I went to the archives and saw a couple people had similar
issues...using the ATI TV Wonder VE.....which is what I'm using.... so
the solution seemed to be running insmod tuner type=2 and insmod bttv
tuner=2, but I did that and it didn't fix my problem.

Anyone else know what this issue might be or anything else to try?  How
can I tell if the tuner type has been properly set?  Is there something
I can look at that will tell me what type the driver is using?

TIA, Mike