[mythtv-users] Diskless frontend

Emil Friis mythtv at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 12 16:06:03 UTC 2003

Try a heatsink from http://zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps6500b-cu.htm -
they should be able to handle the heat from one of those processors.

My problem is that the old Compaq 900mHz AMD that I'd like to use doesn't
support PXE. How much space would you need on a CF card to squeeze in
Mythfrontend and all the requirements? Or maybe I could just boot from CF and
then have myth etc. accessed from an NFS drive?

Eventually I'd like to take the MB from the Compaq, put it into the case of an
old dead VCR, mount the DVD drive where the tape went in and just have my
Myth Frontend look like any old VCR.

-Emil