[mythtv-users] Sound but no Picture?

Malcolm Wotton malcolmwotton at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 08:44:28 UTC 2003

Yep I get this too :(

However my problem is more basic, I can't get any TV at all (even with
xawtv). When I scantv no channels are recognised at all.

I have mandrake 9.0
bttv 0.7.96
xawtv 3.76
TV card is an old WinTV PCI card from Hauppage - could this be the problem?

I'd appreciate any help with this, the most obvious thing to do first is
upgrade to bttv 0.7.105, but I'm not sure that this is the problem, the card
is quite old and the kernel is new so it should be fine.

Mike - I mention all this as it might be related to your problem (same error
message in myth) Can you watch TV with xawtv?

Malcolm