[mythtv-users] I just Installed Mythtv from CVS! It's great! I am working on mpeg2 export!

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Sun Mar 9 20:47:45 UTC 2003

shit, disregard my last post. I hit the send before I was finished
composing. freeplayTV is indeed based on mythtv, but as far as I know
they were never successful in getting anything actually working. The
site seems pretty dead now too. I also distrust the motives of the
freeplayTV guy. Instead of contributing video export stuff to mythtv he
seemed to have tried to re-brand mythtv as his own, add a couple of
export scripts and then sell machines based on that. To be fair the
thought of selling premade machines has crossed my mind, but the
rebranding, and failure to contribute the the main mythtv project
annoyed me.

cedar