[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 9 05:47:22 UTC 2003

> --- andy s <sul404d at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > > OK, so you can run it now with no warnings/errors
> > > displayed but then
> > > you get the segfault when it does the getshm?
> > >
> > > Can you try running mythfrontend and setting the
> > > NO_SHM
> > > environment variable like I had you try when you
> > > first mentioned the
> > > problem?
> >
> > No getshm error, still a segfault.  I'll try some
> > printfs to see if I can get a better fix on where it
> > happens.
> >

> I put a printf/fflush as the last thing before the
> return stmt for that function and it gets printed
> before the segfault.

You should try turning on debug in your settings.pro file and then
running mythfrontend under gdb.  Then you can get a better backtrace
and find out where it's crashing.  You need to recompile after turning
on the debug line of course.

You can also try going down to the Show() function and putting some printfs
in there in the section that gets executed when Xv is not available.
Maybe it's segfaulting in the show routine.

The non-Xv section starts with a few lines like this:

        unsigned char *y_ptr;
        unsigned char *u_ptr;
        unsigned char *v_ptr;

Chris