[mythtv-users] Current CVS setup segfault

Dave dave_fluff at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 15:40:33 UTC 2003

 --- Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote: > On Saturday 08 March
2003 06:50 am, Dave wrote:
> > (moved from myth-dev)
>
> Can you update to current CVS and try again?  It should print out
> some
> additional debug info (at least, if the problem is related to what I
> think it
> is..)

OK, I did that and still got the same error.  However, I started to try
to work it out what was going on, and found that it was trying to use
/usr/lib/libmyth* instead of /usr/local/lib/libmyth* - which I guess is
a hang-over on my system from when the PREFIX= setting was set
incorrectly in the CVS about a month ago.  The myth file dates in there
were from Feb 15th, whereas the new versions of those files were of
course in /usr/local/lib.  I deleted the wrong files, ran ldconfig, and
was then able to run setup (and the other GUI's) without any problems.

Thanks for your response Isaac, I hope you didn't spend too long
putting in extra debugging to find this problem.  I also hope the
person that started this thread that had the same problem as me finds
the above info useful.

Cheers,
--Dave