[mythtv-users] ATI All In Wonder cards with MythTV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 8 00:07:20 UTC 2003

Mike Pflugfelder wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> 	Do you have an AIW working with MythTV?  If so, could you possibly
> share with me what you had to do to make it work?

Mike, no matter how you try to read between the lines, it
won't work. Xawtv will play TV but you cannot record with
it. Avview will record but only if it is showing live TV
while recording but the audio and video are out of sync
on playback (and avview doesn't play it's own recordings,
you need another program for that). MythTV can't use the
GATOS driver for recording. You can use the AIW as your
TVout graphics card with another tuner card for capture
(I have this on two systems).

Unfortunately, you have a very expensive TVout card that
has no overscan adjustment capability. If you bought this
recently enough to return it, do so and get a GeForce2
with TVout and the cheapest bt878 tuner card you can find.

--  bjm