[mythtv-users] G200 Decimation 1,1 anyone?

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Fri Mar 7 06:05:15 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've got a Matrox G200 I'm using for my TV capture and video out with my
P3-800 / 512mb RAM, 80gb 7200rpm 2mb cache, Mandrake 9, 2.4.19 system...
whew!

Best video by FAR is hardware mjpeg.  I can NOT get above decimation 2,
decimation 2 at a quality of about 70.

Can anyone else with a similar Matrox card (including the G400 I guess) tell
me if they've been able to do decimation 2/1, 1/2 or 1/1?  If so, what type
of processor do you have?

I'd be willing to upgrade if I knew the quality would be waiting for me.
Also, while it's "decent" at 2,2 the hard drive space is really wasteful!
It's like close to 3gb per hour, and for only "fair" quality.  At that rate
it should be 720x480, not 350x240 (or whatever it is).  Should I just
upgrade to an Athlon 2000+ and forget the hardware mjpeg and go with mpeg4?
Then I could do 480x480 and it should be great, right?  How many gb per hour
is it at that size?

Thanks!
JC